Blueberry bread served for breakfast or enjoyed as a snack or dessert. Slice the bread, spread some butter and enjoy it with some coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
2 cup flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
5 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. milk
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and 3 tbsp. sugar together in a medium-size mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. In a small bowl, beat milk and egg together. Pour into flour mixture. Mix until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spread the dough on the cookie sheet into a 1/2"-thick rectangle.
5. Mix the remaining sugar together with the cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of bread dough.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.