Crunchy and golden brown on the outside and oozing with soft and warm cheese inside, cheese sticks are classic appetizers that fit in almost any occasion whether informal barbecue parties or fancy cocktails.
1 cup flour
2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
8-10 pieces of string cheese (frozen)
1/2 cup milk
1. Heat oil in large skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, combine flour and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
4. Dip each cheese stick in the egg mix, and then dredge it through the bread mix making sure they are thoroughly covered.
5. Fry for thirty seconds in the very hot oil or until the batter is golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet, drain excess oil, and serve.