A lively combination of fried chicken sausage, steamed broccoli, and hash browns make a breakfast feast. This recipe suggests using Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage with Pure Vermont Maple Syrup (a product by Al Fresco), but you can also use other chicken sausage brands to make this recipe.
12 oz. package of Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage with Pure Vermont Maple Syrup (Al Fresco offers a good product)
20 oz. hash browns (homemade or store bought)
2 cups of broccoli (broken into bite size pieces)
4 tablespoons butter
Salt and/or pepper (to taste)
1. Slice the chicken sausage into rounds.
2. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the sliced chicken sausage to the melted butter and cook to desired browning or crispness. Once completed, remove the chicken sausage from the skillet and set aside.
3. In a nonstick skillet, steam broccoli in 2 tablespoons of water until tender but still crunchy.
4. Melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook the hash browns to desired crispness.
5. Add the chicken sausage and the broccoli to the hash browns, mix well, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.