Not only does this dish offer ample nutrition and flavor, but great fiber, as well. Because the recipe is packed with herbs and spices there’s no need to use salt, so this dish is ideal for those who are trying to cut down on their sodium intake. You can certainly season the dish with salt, however, if you prefer an even tastier meal.
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
3 cups raw or cooked chicken, cut into cubes
3 tbsp. olive oil - plus more as needed
Cinnamon, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste
8-10 broccoli crowns, cut into pieces
1 cup finely grated (powdered) Parmesan cheese
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp. each fresh dill, tarragon, rosemary, sage, and mint, chopped
1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Fresh salad greens
1-2 avocados (cubed) (if you like avocados a lot use 2)
1. Cook the brown rice according to the package directions and set aside.
2. Place chicken cubes in a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until chicken is well coated.
3. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, cook the chicken cubes until the sides are crispy brown (If you've used raw chicken, then naturally, you’ll need to make sure the chicken is cooked through.) Stir as needed to make certain all sides are crispy brown.
4. Add the rice to the chicken and vegetable mixture and let cook until the rice is getting crispy or done to your preference. You may want to add a little more olive oil at this point.
5. Add the fresh herbs and fresh Parmesan cheese and mix well into the chicken/rice. Cover and cook a couple of minutes.
6. Place the crisp greens on a plate. Spoon the chicken/rice/herb mixture over the top of the crisp greens and sprinkle with avocado cubes. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil, if desired.