Whole wheat penne pasta is combined with red onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, and crumbled feta cheese and seasoned with a dressing made of lime juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in this recipe adapted from CraftCycle for one of the Greek-inspired appetizer cooking recipes.
Serve this with your favorite healthy meals!
1 box (16 oz.) whole-wheat penne pasta
1 small red onion, chopped
1 medium cucumber, sliced
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup each black and green olives
6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp. lime juice, preferably fresh
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, mix the vegetables together in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese.
3. When pasta is ready, drain liquid and add pasta to the bowl.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk together thoroughly. Pour over pasta.
5. Stir until salad ingredients are well blended. Serve.